A Solomon Islands Leaf Club
The leaf shaped blade with medial ridges on either side narrows to an elliptical shaft ending with a pointed terminal.
Length 127 cm (50 in)
These clubs are made by the Bushmen of Guadalcanal and exported to other Islands in the Solomons, most commonly Florida and Santa Isabelle, where they are used in the dances which precede battle as well as in the combat which follows. The name given in Florida is rau-ni-aba meaning 'the leaf of Aba' which is the place in Guadalcanal where they are made.
Art des Iles Salomon from the Barbier-Muller Museum by D. Waite pub.1983
Ethnographical Album of the Pacific Islands by Edge-Partington second edition 1996 p.218 1 & 2
Regard sur les Iles Salomon by Jean-Edouard Carlier, Paris
1547 / 2902
Enquiries to: email@example.com
Please quote the above number